9.12.08

Places.

I'm going to get on a train at some point today. Again. All the way to Carlisle. And then from Carlisle to Lancaster. I'll be honest; I'm a little apprehensive. The first time I had to get on a train to change (also the first time I EVER got on a train), I managed to cock up and missed my connection (which resulted in a hilarious race across from Sheffield to Doncaster in my dad's car to catch it... which we did.)
SO YAY.

Anyway, let's rejoice; I've received two offers from two universities and they just so happen to be my top two. Go me. Tomorrow is an interview with a third university, and it should be terrifying. Awesome.

In other news; the Twilight obsession has died down somewhat. As Zudit would say; I'm gradually weening myself off the vampire crack... (But damn it, the Guardian article has a point about it all being very anti feminist... Bloody people not taking a book for what it is; AN ENTERTAINING STORY ABOUT A VAMPIRE WHO LOVES A HUMAN. And doesn't want to kill her. JEEZ.)

Mmmmm. Edward.

OK, moment of weakness over.

For some odd reason, I can't wait for the TV show J.O.N.A.S to come out. I say 'odd' because... well... I'd like this band to be taken seriously. I LIKE THIS BAND. They're good. In my opinion. And I'd like to see them making more music. But if they just stick with Disney, they're going to end up in their grave, in only a few years time. STOP THE MADNESS, BOYS! And also, stop reigning in the insanity... haha, that's so conflicting. I DO mean that they should stop answering every question with the same generic answer.

Oh, and please, take some credit. It's not entirely the fans that got you where you are. If you were crap and talentless and boring, I don't think you'd be in quite the same league as you are.

(Yes, I am referring to Jonas Brothers. DON'T YOU KNOW BY NOW?)

Who else can't wait for February? Can anyone say NEW U2 ALBUM RELEASE? *jumps up and down excitedly* I have been waiting for this album for over FOUR YEARS. FOUR! Jonas Brothers were only just a dream on the horizon the last time U2 released and album. So weird; it seems like only a few years ago, that hardly anytime has passed. But really, a hell of a lot has happened. I've actually completed my GCSEs, I've made it through most of high school, and I've only got the rest of my A2 levels to go before HELLO UNIVERSITY!!!!!

Time is passing far too quickly. I'd like it to slow down a little. I'd like a lot of things, though. And that ain't gonna happen.

Anyway. I need to pack for this damn train. Apparently we're leaving extra early because of rush hour traffic. The train is at 5:13, but we're leaving at 4:30. WTF? I know. Crazy parents.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also oddly excited for J.O.N.A.S for the same reason that no child escapes Disney with a career.

    Only Kurt Russell. But that's cuz Kurt is the shizz.

    Maybe Shia LeBeouf, we'll have to see.

    Dad and I were discussing it yesterday. He suggested that James MacArthur lasted, but I told him that doing one popular television show and then fading into obscurity doesn't count. He agreed.

    Escape, Jonas Brothers, escape!

    -Zu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not worried about JONAS, well, maybe a little because it looks sorta lame but WALTER THE FARTING DOG. My God! Why!?!? I am not going to spend 2 hours watching a movie about a farting dog! This whole thing where they are trying to be taken seriously isn't really working out. Oh well... What ever makes them happy makes me happy. I guess...

    (Bytheway. Its that annoying girl from JBF who gave you a virtual hamburger. (|] :) )

    ReplyDelete